Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Reading Goals

A New Year, time to make new reading goals.  In the past I've done number goals where I've tried to read a certain amount in a year or in a month or in a season.  I've done other people's challenges such as Read the Books You Buy Challenge and the PopSugar Reading challenge.  But this year, I am going to make my own challenge for myself.  I have so many books at home and on my Library to Read shelves that I want to make a good dent towards those so the following is my challenge for the year:

- 1 Anne of Green Gables book

- 1 book per month off my library TBR (listed as I go)

          January- "The Reluctant Midwife" by Patricia Harman
          February - "The Illusionist's Apprentice" by Kristy Cambron
          March - "Promise Me This" by Cathy Gohlke
          April - "Burial Rites" by Hannah Kent  (*)
          May -  "A Time to Stand" by Robert Whitlow
          June - "What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty  (*)
          July - "No One Ever Asked" by Katie Genshert
          August - "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry" by Rachel Joyce  (*)
           September - "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton  (*)
          October - "As Bright As Heaven" by Susan Meissner
          November -  
          December - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

- as many books as I can from my own pile at home (listed as I go)

          "A Bridge Across the Ocean" by Susan Meissner
          "Left Neglected" by Lisa Genova
          "Full Disclosure" by Dee Henderson (DNF'd at 120 pgs)
          "The Abominable" by Dan Simmons
          "The Masterpiece" by Francine Rivers
          "The Girl in the Glass" by Susan Meissner
          "Summer of Joy" by Ann H. Gabhart
          "The Lost Art of Mixing" by Erica Bauermeister
          "Dangerous Crossing" by Rachel Rhys
          "The Little Old Lady Strikes Again" by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
          "Under a Cloudless Sky" by Chris Fabry

- 6 review books (at least one every other month)

          "The View from Rainshadow Bay" by Colleen Coble
          "Hurricane Season" by Lauren K. Denton
          " Send Down the Rain" by Charles Martin
          "Where Hope Begins" by Catherine West
          "The House at Saltwater Point" by Colleen Coble
          "Becoming Mrs. Lewis" by Patti Callahan  (set aside at pg 275/388)
          "Chosen People" by Robert Whitlow

- New Testament from Bibliotheca

- 1 or 2 rereads

          "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers


I have listed them as I finish them.  Some are crossovers from my library list and my own pile because I may have found the book at a little library and picked it up so I just stuck it in where I felt it fit more.  eg.  if the book has been on my library list for a long time and then I found it recently I listed it as read in the library section.  If however, it's only been on the library list for less than 6 months and now I have it at home I listed it as read from my own pile.  Makes sense to no one but me.  Ha.  But I noted those crossovers with an (*).

No comments: